Stressing over a job what can i do

my job is making me go to 3rd shift when i get back from marternity leave but i cant work 3rds i have one more week to get a job and my babys daddy said i can quit anyways we cant find a babby sitter for that shift. is it bad to apply for public aide till i get a job? i feel bad doing that. and how do i do it?

Tbaby61727

Asked by Tbaby61727 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• First of all don't quit. Make them dismiss you. Then don't feel at all ashamed of applying for assistance. Take full advantage of it and then try to find a way to meet your needs and the baby's. There are so many people out there taking advantage of the system to avoid work. You have a genuine issue. There is also job traing through the Workforce Investment Act. They could send you to school for a trade that would allow you to work a schedule that still allowed you to raise your baby. I used to work in job placement and WIA even helped to pay for room and board while their clients were in school.

Good Luck
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 3:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• The thing is, it's just not that easy to qualify for in your situation. I'm not sure about states other than Missouri, but I can tell you, you have to be without a job for an entire month before you can even apply for TANIF. If your SO is working at all, you cannot get it. My daughter was without work for a month and a half with no way of even thinking about child support, has two kids and still could not get any type of assistance. They are getting very strict on how to qualify these days. Even with that, assistance is running out fast. By the end of the year, I am guessing everything is going to go. Already in my area, there is no assistance for utilities left.

Don't quit Hon. It simply won't work that way and you could be screwing you all. 3rd is actually good with a baby. All someone has to do is sit for a sleeping child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I agree with the reponse above. Getting TANF is more strict.
    Anonymous

• Congrats on your Baby!! Have you ever thought about working from home? I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 7 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet Ceo Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• 3rd shift (10p-7a) with these hours why would you need a babysitter with your husband there? Don't always think of PA to bail you out. You are healthly individual find another job.
    Anonymous

• Don't quit I agree, let them let you go. I also agree that you can do a 3rd shift job.

Fore the future...You may want to think about securing you finances and working from home.

You can get more information on that by going to

www.NewCareer4ME.info

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I would not quit, there are very few jobs out there. Is there a reason your fiance can't watch the baby at night? Oh, just thought of something, you would need someone to watch the baby so you could sleep after work. Can you talk to your employer about the situation? Can you make it just on your finaces income? Don't forget that if you are working and need child care, it may not be worth it for you to work. Can you babysit for other people to bring in some money and still stay home with your baby?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Internet CEO Moms is a great solution I agree with Erika. You should check out her site!
    MammaGee

Answer by MammaGee at 12:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2009