how can i get my 14 month old son to eat something other the stage 3 foods

my son is 14 months old and i have a hard time even with the chunkier types of stage three let alone actual food he wolt even eat mashed potatos he just gags of throws up and he wolt even touch a sippy cup let alone get it anywhere near his mouth please help

jeneye4

Asked by jeneye4 at 3:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• All I can say is make it fun. I have a collection of dishes with their favorite characters on them. If you can't get him to eat then maybe Mickey Mouse can. I paint pancake batter into the pan with the back of a spoon to make dinosaurs, flowers, Mickey Mouse, hearts. I also use cookie cutters on pancakes and sandwiches. None of my kids liked jar babyfood so they were all raised on homemade babyfood. At 14 months my daughter would eat nothing but hotdogs, mac and cheese and cresent rolls. My son however, couldn't wait to eat real food and was chowing down on steak and potatoes by the time he was 9 months old.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 3:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Just feed him food and stop buying the jarred stuff. Baked sweet potato, cooked beans, tofu cubes with a splash of soy sauce, avocado chunks, zucchini, hummus, etc. The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. You should be able to find it at your local library. There is some great information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 10:34 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• have you talked to your pedi about this? he may have a sensory issue with certain foods.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• The gaging and throwing up on mashed potatoes doesn't sound right...I would talk to the doc about it.
    Anonymous

• i didnt think it sounded right eather but his doc said if he and a sensory issue he wouldnt eat anything that wasnt liquid
    jeneye4

Answer by jeneye4 at 2:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• finaly he is eating real food all it took was chef boyardee abc 123s it was amazing
    jeneye4

Answer by jeneye4 at 3:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2009