does cafemom censor personal messages?

I hardly ever pm (you know the email feature on here), but i just did and notice that some of the messages in my inbox were deleted by the cafe mom team. They were deemed inappropriate. I don't care. A mom was PMing me out of the blue asking me if she should circumcise her baby. It was weird prob inappropriate, but I don't like the idea of cafemom reading personal messages. She also is no longer a member. What is up here?

Allie428

Asked by Allie428 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Hmm... how do you know they were deemed inappropriate?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• When I click on it, that is what it says. message deleted by cafemom team for inappropriate content.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 3:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• huh i have never seen that on mine, maybe i dont get as many of those types of emails,now im jealous ! lol
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:23 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• This is the first time. I just want to know if they are reading through our private messages. I don't like that. And yes that mom was weird. I told her to do research and weigh the pros and cons herself. Maybe she reported me? I would have no idea why, though.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 3:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I would think there are far too many messages for the admins to be reading them all. Do you know how many members this site has? She probably reported it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:36 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I THINK YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT CAFE MOM HAS TO SAY ABOUT THIS. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THEY READ OUR MAIL BUT HEY MAYBE THEY DO AND WE MISS THAT IN THE FINE PRINT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I just can not wrap my mind around why she would report it. She contacted me, she asked me, and I said nothing rude or disrespectful, just told her to do her own research. She was inappropriate if anyone was. I just don't get it. Yes, I wouldn't think they would read our PMs with all the members and such. I sent Cafemom a message. Didn't realize I could until I asked it here. So I will see what they say about it.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 3:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I got a similar message from a woman asking the same question about a month ago. My messages were also deleted with the same message. She is now no longer a member either.
    I also received a message from a woman once, asking me if it would be appropriate to kick her son in the testicles, to teach him not to kick other men in the testicles. Same thing happened. I do believe they censor and read our email. I imagine what happens is, certain words are flagged, and then those emails are read by CM staff.
    Ayla-bellesmom

Answer by Ayla-bellesmom at 3:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• That seems wrong. What if it was legitimate conversation of a personal nature? I don't think that they have that right. I wonder if we both got the PM from the same woman. It was the same time frame. And are these women for real. The last thing I would be doing is asking a complete stranger those kinds of things!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• oops didnt mean to anon. thats me at :59
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 4:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2009