20 weeks preg with gas pain ?

Hey guys
Yesterday night I had a latte in a coffee shop with my hubby. We also ordered a slice of cake each. Anyway, like one hour after my coffee, I felt alot of gas accumulating in my stomach and it was very uncomfortable. I also started to wake up alot at night maybe 4 or more times to pass a lot of stools. It wasn't diarrhea or anything..but regular stools and a lot of them! I feel very fatigued the next morning and I am still passing stools every hour and waking up a lot because of the pain if I don't pass the stools right away. My husband was complaining of a headache and slight gas as well but he wasn't passing as much stools. Should I be concerned or is this just food poisoning. HELP!

Lulu_101

Asked by Lulu_101 at 4:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well even if it is just food posing being preggo u need to see a doctor, it can hurt the baby, sounds to me that the coffee beans made u sick, it happened to me when i drank starbucks... but u should see ur doc on monday to make sure the baby is ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I would see your doctor if you still feel the same way monday or if it gets worst call the doctor right away. I got a lot of gas when I was preggo with my DD so I know just how your feeling and it's just really scary in it's self. If your gut is telling you something is just not right then call your doctor right away but I think if you just stay the same you could wait till monday. GL and I hope you feel better really soon.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:30 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Sometimes I have pains soooooo bad when i need to pass gas or pass stool. Sometimes i just want to double over. And the gas gets so bad that, on occasion, it wakes me up at night. But right after i pass gas or go potty, i'm fine again til the next round.

I would mention it to your doc, just so he/she is aware of it. My doc said to just watch it and if it becomes to painful to let her know.

Other than that, i'd probably stay away from latte's anyway!

Hope you feel better! :)
    Jennifarter

Answer by Jennifarter at 7:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2009