Where can I donate my baby clothes?

I live in Oklahoma and I would like to donate my baby boy clothes to a program or families that can't afford clothing. I have already taken some to a consignment shop, but I'm not looking to make money off of them, just want to give them to familes that really need them.

Please let me know of anywhere that you may know of.

Thank You!

trl30

Asked by trl30 at 4:55 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • i would try freecycle.com...if you sign up for the email in your area you can make a post offering the baby clothes...this site is WONDERFUL if you cant afford things...my daughters bookshelf collapsed and thier fan died over the summer...i put a post up and bam! in a week they had both items...i have also given away a excersize machine, its wonderful and works well!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I always donate my stuff to the local Pregnancy LifeCare Center. They end up counseling a lot of young single mothers and they "earn" credits for free clothes and baby stuff by attending parenting classes.

Answer by missanc at 8:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• try craisglist
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I donate all of our stuff to Savers, which in turn sells them at an extremely affordable price. They also give you a 20% off coupon for donating!

Great when you have a toddler that is growing like a weed!

MorbidFraggle

Answer by MorbidFraggle at 11:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Look at your local churches and foodbanks too. Or a local women's shelter. All three would have clothing programs.
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 12:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• all of these ideas are great. You could also look up your local preg center. Most need as much as they can get.
    MomofTwins07

Answer by MomofTwins07 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• First you are doing an awsome thing by wanting to give them to people who really need it, there are many out there right now who could use them! Second these are all great ideas. I know that the Pregnancy center in my town gives clothes away to mothers so you may see if they need any also maybe try the salvation army.
    Kelly0928

Answer by Kelly0928 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2009