My daughter has her days and nights mixed up. what can i do to put her back on a good schedu.le

my daughter will be turnin g 2 on october 12. for thee past 4 months she has had her days and nights mixed up. we have been staying up untill about 5:30am everyday sometimes as late as 7am and sleeping untill around 2:30 or 3pm . this is getting very exhausting and if anyone can help me figure out how to get her back on the right schedule please please help me
thank you from a very deseperate mother

chemicalxjane

Asked by chemicalxjane at 6:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try wearing her out. go out somewhere where shell have to run around and not fall asleep. Like the park or playground. After dinner around 8 I would put her to bed until she falls asleep. She will eventually even if you have to lay on the floor next to her bed until she does. Give her nothing that contains sugar because she may just be sensitive to it. And I mean after 5pm. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Id also try setting an alarm to wake up before 3pm so that she is tired and ready to go to bed early and all night
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Its gonna be exausting but 8 hours isnt enough sleep for her age anyway so try to stick it out a day or two
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• i agree with the pp...they got it right! keep her occupied during the day and only let her take two hour naps maybe...it should help!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• My 2 year old did this and we just didn't give him a nap that following day. It worked for me and by 9pm he walked off to the bedroom(his way of saying he's ready for bed) and feel asleep.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• My son had the same schedule for awhile. One night he stayed up until about 6am. I set an alarm for 10am the next day and kept him up all day long. The other moms are right, keep her busy dont give her the chance to fall asleep except for a short nap. My son was dead tired and in bed by 8pm that day. He's been back on track ever since. Its hard on you, because you get crap for sleep that night, and then have to deal with a tired toddler, but its worth it in the long run.
    team_stewart

Answer by team_stewart at 4:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2009