lots of tmi

so before i got pregnant my period would only last 3 days... yep i was lucky. well since my c-section on july 22 i have had 2 periods. the first hurt so bad which the dr said was normal to cramp a lot, well this one is going on eight days now, yesterday i even took my birthcontrol so that should have stopped it right? and its not like red blood its almost a brown color... has this happend to anyone. one of my friends said it could be old blood... have any of you heard of that... its just a lot and doesnt seem like its going to let up anytime soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Health

• With a csection you are not always able to push all of the blood out like you would a vaginal birth. I had one and bled for months. Dr said it was normal for that reason. It will stop but if you are worried then talk about a dnc. It may help regulate your periods too.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• brown blood is okay....that can be normal...and what the previous poster said makes sense...if the blood was bright red then be concerned.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I've had a csections.. so I know what you are talking about.. when you think it's done it's starts at the most embarssing times.(inside a store) What it is is basically where your placenta was is one huge wound and when it scabs over it'll stop and then when you move it get twisted or moved and open up again. The nurses were worried about me after having a csection becasue there was no blood. I got up to walk and GUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(tmi I know sorry) when your baby turns one and things haven't straightened their selfs out then call your dr.... birth control can regulate your cycles and get you back on track..
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2009