Mailing candy

I just have three small bags of candy to mail out of state if i tape the box up REALLY good is it possible to mail it in a shoe box? I dont have a box small enough other than my perfect shoe box.

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Holidays

• Put it in the shoe box, tape it REALLY REALLY well. Then, take a brown grocery bag, cut it down the side and cut the bottom off, so you make a big sheet of brown wrapping paper (or buy some brown packing paper). Then, if your bag is printed on, turn it print side down, and wrap the box in the brown paper, then tape it again really well. on the seams.

Address the box they way you would a letter, and put some clear tape over the address.

I've sent several boxes over the years as care packages, they've gone literally 1/2 way around the world like this and get there just fine :-)

gl :-)

OH - ps - depending on the weight of the candy, it might be cheaper for you to get a standard weight priority mail box from USPS and mail it that way. Just something to look into :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I would get a small box from the post office.
    Make sure to pack it really good so stuff doesnt shake around.
    They had me repack a box once. UGH ,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Mailing candy is going to cost you a fortune. Why don't you just go to www.walmart.com and have them ship it to the kids for .97 You don't have to pay postage, mess with a box or anything that way.
    Anonymous