Lumps in neck.? HELP!!

Alright well my daughter is 3 years old and she has had these lumps in her neck for over a year. I brought her into the doctors for this and they told me that if they got any larger or spread to bring her back in. Well a little over a year has passed and they have gotten much larger and have spread to the left side of her neck. We moved and have a new dr. so I brought her in and they think she is just sick. Well why would they be their for that long and grow so much bigger? She hasn't been sick, no flu, colds, runny nose, fever, NOTHING. WHAT DO I DO to get through to the dr???

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hey! I know exactly what you are going through. We went through HELL over our sons lumps. But let me ask you a few questions before I tell you our story.

Have they taken blood test?

Have you found any more lumps in other parts of her body?
    Sarah1220

Answer by Sarah1220 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Multiple lumps in the neck would be lymph nodes. Ask the doctor to do a CBC. If they aen't listening to you and won't do one then go to another doctor. If that doctor won't do it you may be able to walk into a lab and have it done without a doctor's order. It's one of the tests in some states you can have done yourself and get the results yourself.

Why didn't you take her to the doctor or ER as soon as they started getting bigger? The first doctor told you to bring her in if they got bigger. HOPE she is sick with something like a sinus infection that you aren't aware of. I don't mean to scare you but I want to make sure you follow up on this. Swollen lymph nodes is one of the symptoms of leukemia.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• go to another doctor if they aren't listening to you.
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 11:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• they could be enlarged lymph nodes. they could swell up like that after an infection or virus and they do take forever to get any better. why not get the records from the old doc and bring to new so they can see the concern was there a year ago. she might need blood work, not so bad. if they are nothing then don't put her through the trauma of a possible biopsy.
    sarahq635

Answer by sarahq635 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I already know that they are swollen lymph nodes, and I did bring her into the doctors as soon as they started getting bigger and they told me something was just "brewing" meaning a sickness was on its way... ha well I have been waiting for her to get sick for sometime now. So I brought her in again once they started forming on her left side of the neck. She still said that she would be getting sick because something is "brewing" well now a 3 weeks have gone by still hasn't been sick. Had surgery for her fundo and has been going to school still NO sickness! Now the lumps on the left side are much larger. I am bringing her back in tomorrow. My grandma had lymphoma cancer, and cancer seems to run in our family. No she has not had a CBC because her doctor seems to just think she will be getting sick sometime?

And please don't tell me that I should've went to the ER or her doctors to follow up with this because I have been.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• From now on if you want to help someone PLEASE read the WHOLE story without stating I should bring her in. I stated
    "We moved and have a new dr. so I BROUGHT HER IN and they think she is just sick."

Thanks though, I just am really scared because the doctors misdiagnosed my grandmother and she passed away from the lymphoma cancer. I have also brought this up to doctors after my daughters surgery and they just say the SAME things.. she must be getting sick... I guess for well over a year without being sick!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2009