a betting pool...

i was just wondering if anyone has ever bet in some sort of pool when their baby would be born

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I tried to get my family involved in one but they don't seem to want to pay up. I wanted to do birth date and weight. Not for cash, for buying me baby supplies. I'll bake for them in exchange if they win, which they won't.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• My family had one going for me and I didn't even know about it, there was a cash prize.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• The guys where my dh works have a pool going for our delivery date. They swore it was rigged last time because he guessed the date. It was pure luck. We'll see who gets it this time.
    Moogie1005

Answer by Moogie1005 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• op

lol we have one going. its $5 each. i'm due monday so we'll see...
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I gave my daughter a baby shower and I printed up questions for all the guests to answer. We already knew she was having a girl - they knew it, too - so the questions asked thigs like when they thought the baby would be born (we gave them the due date, but my daughter's baby belly was teeny-tiny), what part of the day/night the baby would be born, how much the baby would weigh at birth, and then other questions about baby's temperament and such. After my granddaughter was born, I sent the winners of who guessed the date, approximate time, and weight gifts for guessing the closest. My SIL actually guessed the exact date and weight! My FIL's wife guessed the exact date, and a distant cousin guessed the approximate time of day.
    I don't think I would do any of these guesses for money, though.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2009