Why should I join the Republican /Democrat party?

Explain your views & morals.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm registered as an Independent. Meaning that I refuse to affiliate myself with either party. Instead, each election I learn about the issues, I learn about the candidates, and I vote according to who I agree with the most, regardless of the party they are with. I could very easily vote for one party for, say, President, then vote for the opposite party for, say, Governor.

Some people will just "vote the party line". Personally, I've never really understood that, but to each their own.

Theirs a phrase that says "For good or ill, in a Democracy, the people get the government they deserve." I think that pretty much sums it up - and has nothing to do with which party you join :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• How about you explain YOUR views and morals and we can say which party you line up with?

Do us all a favor though, don't join either if you don't intend to vote.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Educate yourself and make your own decision on what issues are important to YOU!

A better questions is......

Why should OTHERS decisions be important to YOU?
    Anonymous

• What's there to join? It's not like a club with membership as far as I know.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• OP How old are you?
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• You don't have to join either to vote. *shrug*
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Republicans believe in doing for oneself, and not depending on others to bail them out in times of trouble! Republicans have a strong moral compass (I know that will get laughs from our favorite libs here, but I'm not talking about politicians--just the average everyday Republican citizen), we tend to be religious--some more so than others. We believe in capitalism. We believe that if you are successful in life you have the CHOICE as to whether or not to share that wealth with others. Typically the Republican party is VERY generous when it comes to charitable giving--we just don't like being forced to donate. Republicans are conservative in their morals, values and ethics. They are not the "in your face" kind of people. Republicans tend to marry before having children, and establish solid home and community lives.

Democrats....are the opposite.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• How about neither...learn about the Libertarian party or the Constitutionalists...
    Anonymous

• Anon:17 - that was just funny...Democrats....are the opposite...haha!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• You shouldn't join either! You should learn to think for yourself and never let a party name make choices for you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2009