no costume

Would you deny a teen candy if they werent dressed in a costume? I know it can be controvercial when teens trick or treat in the first place; but when they dont dress up and expect candy I think its worse. Not sure if I can turn them away but would def be POed

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Holidays

• We don't give out candy, our street doesn't have street lights or a sidewalk...but my parents agree with you and only give candy to teens who are dressed up or they have a special bowl of stupid little things for them and they save the "good stuff" for the little ones.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I also find it strange when parents trick or treat with their kids and accept the candy (in their own bag)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I give everyone candy. Why not be nice?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:17 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I even gove candy to the grandparents and parents.If they want . Why not?
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• As do I but why does an 18yo need to go door to door without a costume? Or at all? I think its rude and the candy should be saved for those that participate in the whole aspect of the holiday
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Thats a good idea whittear. That way everyone gets something but the ones who take it seriously get the good stuff! Thats cute. Maybe Ill give the undressed teens a box of raisons or prunes LOL. We actually dont get trickortreaters either. But I remember being annoyed with those kids when I was trick or treating at that age
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• First - There is no age limit on fun or candy. If you are 35 and want candy, good for you, I'll give you some.

Second - Around here to deny a teen candy means you are getting "Tricked" later since you were to cheap to "Treat" And I don't like cleaning dog shit off my windows so, of course I would give them candy...

But in all reality we don't hand candy out. We fill a big bowl and it goes out on the porch. Anyone that wants it can take it. We are usually out taking out kids tot...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Wow Sabrina u have some cheap ass ppl in your neighborhood if they deny candy. That sucks. It also sucks to have to clean dog shit off of your windows all for a bag of m&ms. lol Ive never denied it but def have my opinion of those dead beat teens that ruin the fun for the kids. I trick or treated my whole childhood and when we got to house like yours there was always a big group of undressed teens dumping the whole bowl in their bag leaving the little ones out.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2009