Why did he send me flowers and even though he knows that I wont take him back and I know that I wont, should I say something or just leave it alone?

I havent talked to my ex in over a month, I do have to see him at work and he just gives me the cold shoulder (I did break up with him). Yesterday I got some flowers from him... he sent them from proflowers so I got them all set up and they look very pretty. The last time I talked to him we got in a big arguement and I told him that I was so angry with him that I couldnt talk to him, that it was over. I broke up with him because of his drinking problem, he said some awful things to me about me and my son and I went through that BS for over a year (verbal abuse, broken promises, suicide threats and him never being with us) until recently, he said he was going to quit this time for good and has been doing good. His card said "I miss you and I forgive you. You may think this is a reason to give but since you talked to me, I give you my all, to you." Very confusing... he knows I wont take him back... what are these flowers for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• to get back. He still wants to get back with you.He is playing the flower card with yu. Don't give in unless you are having second thoughts.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Toss the flowers in the trash. No visable reminders.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• He is trying to make peace with himself. Leave it be.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Ignore him. That's just the way he's using to get you to talk to him. Don't do it. And he forgives you? For what? Not wanting to be treated like dirt? The last thing you and your son need is an alcoholic in your lives.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't toss the flowers - I would take them to a nursing home, a homeless shelter, a hospital, or, depending on where you work - just take them there and leave them in the waiting room or whatever. Or, if you can get some enjoyment from them separate from the fact that he gave them to you, keep them.

That way, they don't go to waste, but at the same time, I wouldn't take him back - a month is NOT long enough to "be on the wagon" and have it really prove anything. And, I wouldn't say anything to him, because no matter what you say, all it's going to do is accomplish what he wants - a reaction from you - in one way or another. He is looking for attention and a continuation of the relationship - even if it's just drama while you fight - don't give it to him.

Just ignore it, and if he keeps up, then maybe just simply tell him if he doesn't stop, you'll get a restraining order against him, then walk away.

GL
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Thank you for your answers... I will not contact him. I am trying to stay strong and with him giving me the cold shoulder, I think it's for the best to not say anything at all. I spent a year cryin over him out of the two years we were together... whether he has changed or not, I need to realize that we were not meant to be together or it would have worked out the first time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2009