I just lost my mucus plug! How long...

was it till you went into labor after you lost yours? i'm about 38 wks.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my twins I lost my mucus plug the morning I went into labor (at 33 weeks), with my youngest, I lost it like two weeks before I was induced with her (Lost it at 39 weeks)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I lost my mucous plug over the course of several weeks. It started coming out at 36 weeks and continued until I was roughly 39 weeks. I didn't give birth to my girl until the 42 week mark exactly. Some women lose it an go into labor that day. Some women never lose until they are in labor. Every body and every pregnancy is different. :)

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I lost mine over a week's time and never did go into labor on my own. I had to be induced because I was overdue.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I lost it as I started pushing.
    But I have had a birth clients lose it over days-months.
    It is not necessarily a sign of (pre) labor.
    It is a sign that your body is getting ready for birth~ whenever that should happen.

If you go past your due date it doesn't mean anything other than you've hit the half-way point.
    The due date is the mid-point in the 4-week due period. You don't have to be induced if you don't want to.
    If you are healthy & fine you can wait for labor to start, whenever... it will happen if you give it the chance!

:-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2009