Trick or treat candy thieves

I was reading another question about undressed teens trick or treating and got to thinking how everyone felt/ reacted to teens who go around stealing candy bags from younger kids. One year i think my son was two and my dd was 5 turning six and we were trick or treating with some friends and my two were walking ahead of us with our friends older daughter (who was like 12 or so) and they were no more than 10 feet in front of us some teenagers (14 or 15 maybe) came up behind my kids and their friend and snatched their bags, my husband being the big "angry" man that he is and realizing what was giong to happen had stepped up behing these two kids and picked them up by their necks, lifting them off the ground an inch or so, he immediately put them down and told them flat out if he saw them again he would call the cops after a good butt whooping which is what their parents should've done, so i was wondering what you/spouse would do

elananme

Asked by elananme at 11:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Holidays

• If i saw it happening my hubby would most likely do the same thing, i think i would also make him hold them until the cops showed up. I wouldn't give them the chance to do it to someone else.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Id chase them down and grab the bag back. So would bf. Then Id make them apologize to my kid if the stick around. Then make them give my kid either all or some of their candy. Why let aholes like them ruin the holiday for my kid
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It has never happened so I really can't say what he would do but I can say what he wouldn't do. He would never lay hands on someone elses child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I'm glad we live in a neighborhood that has 5 cops living in it. I'd be so angry. To Hell with my husband whooping ass I would be!!
    Anonymous

• I have alot of brothers and sisters ..if someone did that to their nephrew.. hahathey would be getting a beat down...while i go on taking my son trick or treating
    Anonymous