Should I get a maternity Wedding dress?

SO has decided we must have a real wedding, not just courthouse. We will do this in mid-December. I conceived on Sept 6. It's my first. I'm thin still. My weight hasn't changed yet, though I do have super boobs. Will I be able to get a skinny gown? Any tips to ensure it?

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 11:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think you should ask at the bridal store, there are probably gowns that will look great, even if your waistline starts to grow a little by then. Something with an empire waist, maybe. They'll be able to advise you...even if it's a "skinny" gown that can be altered easily at the last minute. Congrats!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Three months.... And your first. For my first I didn't show until about 5 months. You may be able to get away with a looser fitting dress. I don't think I'd get one of those mermaid dresses that fit your form, since you may have a bulge by then.

Answer by Bmat at 11:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Every one is different I didnt start realy showing until I was I was 7 months. But id talk to the people you are geting the dress from
    purplecraze579

Answer by purplecraze579 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I think empire waist stuff is the best idea.

...but if you want to go skinny (like people said, first pregnancies usually take longer to really pop)...I would get something loose or with a lacing bodice that can easily change a little in the likely event you grow in your tummy between the fitting and the ceremony.

Congrats on your wedding and baby.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• There are tons of options out there for maternity wedding dresses. if you want more info, check out this site.

weddingchic

Answer by weddingchic at 5:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2009