Another Nobel Peace Prize perspective....

Many of you declare that in his 9 MONTHS in office the president has done/said many things to make him deserving of this award. When he was nominated he had only been president 2 WEEKS. I would really be interested to hear that he DID in those 2 WEEKS to deserve a NPP over the many MANY humanitarians nominated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• ME too!!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 11:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• We the people of the US did not give him this award. He didn't award it to himself.

Get over it! Stop your whining. You sound like a bunch of sore losers.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 11:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Actually, he was nominated last November, with the vote actually happening 12 days after his inauguration. So a better question would be, what did he accomplish in 12 days that was deserving of the NPP?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Ummm.grandma.where did I say we gave it too him? I asked what he DID to deserve it. Tell you what, you give me a couple things he DID (i.e. answer the question asked) and I will get over it. What did I lose, nothing. How can I be a ore loser? I wasnt up for this award. However there were many much more deserving people up for it.

Anonymous

• No way in hell does he deserve it. One more thing to make this country a laughingstock to the rest of the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Ummm, get over it? Really? It is highly offensive he even got that award considering he has done nothing for it. It's not like he got something from MTV. This is actually serious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I don't care that he got it. I have been imagining that those that were nominated that have actually accomplished their works are feeling a little burned about it though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Since BO said his presidency would be transparent, I assumed his itinerary would be published. Here is what I found. Evidently he didn't do any single international thing that would have prompted the nomination for the NPP. He just worked on the bail out, and settled in. The settling in is what I expected to find. So, no different perspective. It was bogus.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8328485
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Whether you or I think he deserved it or not, I can't believe as an American You people are whining about him getting it. Its all just about jealousy, because if a republican got it, you would be as happy as a pig in shit.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 11:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize should be awarded "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

the above is from Wiki (which I know anyone can put info in), but with this in mind, some may have seen his apology tour as fitting the above description - at least in other countries.  I can't recall when the apology tour started though, was that within the first 12 days of his presidency?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2009