Does this mean anything?

For those that receive SSI for their kids. We got a letter yesterday that said our claim was being looked over in the state capital. My friend said that meant that we made it to the second stage. She said we might get a letter that says my daughter needs to be seen by their doctors. But she didn't think so since Bayley has a ton of therepists and she goes to a well known special school. Any advice on this process?

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The process can take years. My son has bipolar disorder, common variable immune deficiency, asthma, and developmental disabilities. Medicaid MADE us apply for SSI. We had to travel all over the state to see different doctors, therapists, and to have testing done. The doctors were all strange. Some seemed to be retired. Others seemed like they couldn't be 'real' doctors so they were doing SSI work.

I think the whole process took 3 years and he was turned down, as I expected. It's hard for a kid to get SSI.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I have a totally different scenario...
    My youngest son gets SSI and so do I...
    but it is because my DH is disabled and gets SSD.
    I get SSI until my son is 16 or longer if we have another child ( until that child turns 16)
    and my son gets it until he's 18.
    I never heard of cases going to the state capital...but I guess thats for when the child itself has an illness..and is getting SSI for that reason.
    Good Luck with whatever happens :)
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 11:57 AM on Oct. 10, 2009