11 month old needs a hair cut.

can you name a chain that does well with babies first hair cut or recomend a home hair cutting buzzer type thing for me? his hair is quite long for his age and starting to get into his eyes, but he doesn't do very well with strangers unless they are entertaining and can't be still for long. appreciate any help. thank you!

iggles1967

Asked by iggles1967 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a clippers from wal-mart, can't remember the name but it was about $35. I won't take my son to a pro, I've already "paid for" my clippers because I've given him 4 haircuts & a pro would cost us $10 at least. I also cut my hubby's hair with it.
    Anonymous

• I did the same as anon, but I did do two haircuts at professionals. His first haircut was done at a great clips. I called ahead and asked for someone I knew had kids. They made a big deal about it, had a balloon for him, a special cape, just made it an event. Another really good tip is buy a sucker and take a second person to hold it (you will be holding him) they offer him licks so that he is distracted during the actual cut.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• My ds will be 13 months tomorrow, he has had 2 haircuts as Great Clips. Do as AP said, call ahead, they have suckers there and they have a card with envelope for Baby's First Haircut. Thhey do a great job and many times you can find a coupon on the back of a grocery receipt.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 4:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2009