How long are/ were you engaged for?

I will have been engaged for three years this December. We really arent rushing things. It doesnt really matter if we are married, it will not change anything except my last name. We are waiting for my brother to get out of prison, he has missed out on all his nieces and nephew births and I really want him to walk me down the isle.

How about you?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 12:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We were engaged for a year and 10 mo. We had a date the whole time but needed to save for the wedding. The point of being engaged is to get married.... sounds more like a promise ring than an engagement ring. I have no comment on wiating for a fellon to walk you down the isle.
    Anonymous

• We were engaged for a year and 8 months. We had picked the date when we first got engaged, and then when I got pregnant everyone tried to make me move up the wedding date, but I refused. So I had two 8 month olds at my wedding! =)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• We were engaged about a year before we got married.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• anon 41: he may be a fellon but he's my brother. keep your snooty comments to yourself or have the balls to show ur face
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• i'm no longer with him, but my ex fiance and I were engaged for about a year (dated for about 3 or 4 years prior) then we split up. he was actually following the foosteps of a friend he looked up to. she and her fiance werent in a rush. when we broke up, he dated someone and after maybe a year they got engaged and signed the marriage papers a few months later and they have 2 kids together (she has 2 from a previous marriage). I have been with SO for about 2 years and we are happy this way. we arent engaged but I do hope one day, he'll propose
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• We were engaged for 7 months and 2 days (engaged on June 5, 1999--married on January 7, 2000).
    And before that we never dated. In fact we had only known each other like 5 or 6 weeks before we got engaged. We were just friends before that.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• 4 months. And I agree with the anon that posted the point of being engaged is to get married. I wouldn't have waited for 3 years.

Answer by missanc at 1:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• We dated for about a year, then got engaged. We never lived together before we got married. We were engaged for 4 months.
    I have to say that I don't think I would be too proud if my brother was in jail. I might get married wthout him. Just my thoughts since I don't even know anyone who has done anything to deserve being in jail. We are the old-fashioned,. square, live by the rules kind of people and proud of it. Notice i mentioned that my DH and I didn't live together before we were married? Heh. And we didn't have a baby before we got married. We waited until we had been married, had our daughter when we had been married about 2 years. We do things the way responsible,law abiding citizens do and we live a good life. My kids all have college degrees and happy families. THEY don't know anybody who has been to jail either!!! So-before you get married, make sure your life is free of crap.How do you do that?Education!
    Anonymous

• We got engaged in June and married in September LOL, so we werent engaged long.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• OMG freeken anon.'s do you honestly think that just because my brother is in prison, and that me and DF live together and have 2 kids means that we arent responsible or obey laws and live a horrible life? Come on what is with people that think they are better than everyone?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2009