Wedding Attire?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong - a daytime wedding tends to be more casual, than an evening, right? I've got one coming up in a couple of weeks & I'm going to be just about 38 weeks then & I really just want to be comfortable. Would a jersey dress with some black knee-high boots & a pretty scarf be appropriate?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 12:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• things vary soooo much. Hubby and I went to an evening wedding and we were the only ones dressed... one guest actually came in jeans, white t-shirt, with one of those stupid chains from his wallet to his belt. WTH? Yes... day time weddings are more casual, night time is dressy, but people today are sooo not traditional. You know the bride and groom... you know how traditional they are and thier friends/family.... let that be your guide. But I would always error on the side of tradtion.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. It varies a lot. Your plans sound really nice. I'd say go for it. :)

Answer by Bmat at 12:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Where the wedding reception will be held, ought to give you a pretty good idea of how to dress. If it'll be an outdoor reception at a rented Hall (like Knights of Columbus) or Restaurant with banquet area, I think what you're wearing would be fine.

If it'll be at a Country Club or expensive restaurant, you might want to add a little "shimmer and sparkle" I like Motherhood Maternity for inexpensive special occasion dresses--since you're likely to not be needed dressy maternity dresses too often! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Ask the bride what the attire is. It doesn't really matter if it's in the afternoon or night anymore. It matters what they decide the dress is to be.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• When my husband's cousin got married last year I was pregnant and they were having evening wedding so I wore a baby style top from old navy ( not materinty) with black slacks materinty and flip flops because they were the only shoe that fit me but no really care what I was wearing cause I was pregnant. But I didn't what other though about what I was wearing because I was pregnant at the time and I just wanted to be comfortable.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2009