How did he pop the question?

I was in texas visting my family he was back home in maryland an we were txting each other an he asked me ova a txt message it wasnt romantic but it sure was different!

mommyof2boysmd

Asked by mommyof2boysmd at 12:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We were joking around one day and he asked me. I knew he was serious because we had talked about it and he had me pick out a ring I liked. It was not romantic at all. lol. And I would never tell him that my first fiance did it a really romantic way, it would make him feel bad...he knows I was engaged before, but not how he did it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• We were dancing at the bar, and he had arranged for the DJ to give him the mic (behind my back so i didn't notice it) and in the middle of the song the DJ turned it down and he got down on one knee and asked. and it was my birthday. so sweet. i was so excited and i THINK it was the song "We Danced" by Brad Paisley that we were dancing too, not entirely sure on that.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Mine wasn't romantic either. We had washed his car and were sitting around at his place later watching TV, and he asked. I was surprised, since we hadn't discussed it. Although looking back on it, we had discussed major issues such as what we felt about children and family, religious and political topics, like that.

Answer by Bmat at 12:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• We were both in the shower;)

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I went to visit him in NY for a week (I was living in CA at the time) and he'd just picked me up from the airport and we'd had dinner. After dinner, we were cuddling in bed, and he strokes my hair and asked me to marry him. He gave me the ring, he'd been hiding under the bed the whole time. It was a small ring with a chip in the diamond, and he's given me 2 more rings after that (the 2nd one broke-diamond popped out)...But that moment was so special! The next day we went bar hopping in Manhattan and I was so excited, telling everyone I got engaged!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 1:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It was last Christmas and we were having it at his parents. Well his Mom does a stocking for all of us "kids". I got to the bottom of it and there was a wrapped present, which isn't weird because everyone had one. I opened it and it was a jewelry box, and he took it from me and asked. It was very cute and planned out :)
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 1:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• we went on a picnic - i was suspisious! (SP?) so we had lunch and watched the kids play and he popped the ??..... it was wonderful....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• He didnt technically pop the question LOL.
    We were moving from MD to AZ and we had stopped to get gas in our vehicles and eat at a restaurant.
    During our conversation at lunch he said something to the effect of "when we get settled if you wanna set a wedding date you can."

That was it LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• We had talked about it multiple times because I had to wait to finish college before I could get married since my parents were paying for it and wouldn't if I was married (then it was my husbands job to take care of me). We were laying in bed and he asked anyway and of course I said yes. It was several months later, and we were going to look at rings because my birthday was coming up and I knew he was either going to do it for my birthday or chirstmas that year. So we were looking at rings so he could see what I liked and apparently when the guy pulled one ring out of the case I just started glowing, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. It was also almost DOUBLE the amount I thought he should spend. It didn't matter, he bought me the ring THAT day and proposed formally on the path back to the dorm where I was living. Not very romantic, but there wasn't much question if I would say yes.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• He asked using a jigsaw puzzle that I had to put together. The thing is I SUCK at puzzles lol he was so antsy waiting on me to finish... aww I kinda wish I could go back to that moment now.
    KayLundy3

Answer by KayLundy3 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2009