the flu shot

I am scared to give it to my child? what are you thoughts did you give it to your child? am i just crazy?

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 12:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you're scared to do it, the answer should be easy - don't do it. I don't give it to my kids. It's really not necessary.
    Anonymous

• If you have questions about the shot pass. We will not be getting the shot I don't think it is necessary. We are taking extra precautions such as hand sanitizer whenever we have been out in public. I have a bottle in the car that gets passed out to everyone after a public trip. When public wash rooms are available the children are encouraged more so to wash their hands then ever before.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 12:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Im scare to give it to my 20mnth old so, No shes not going to get it. I got the flu shot when i was pregnant w/her & a few days later I got sick. After they told me I wouldn't get sick.
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 1:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• mine is 3 and has gotten it every year since she was 1 and will this year too. now the swine flu shot? hell to the no.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I would never give the flu shot. Too many people I know have had bad reactions to them. My son will be 3 in a couple of months and has never caught the flu yet in spite of being exposed to lots of kids.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I AM WRITING THIS IN CAPITAL LETTERS-DO NOT GET THE FLU SHOT OR LET YOUR KIDS GET IT!!!! i got it a few yrs back and its the sickest i think ive ever been...i have also read in health forums,people who have either gotten it or let their kids get it and became very sick...i will never get one again and there's no way i would consider it 4 my kids!!!!! children have ended up in the er bcz of the flu shot!!!!!
    mommylove74

Answer by mommylove74 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I don't see a point in the flu shot for normal, healthy people with uncompromised immune systems. The flu is a virus that mutates very quickly; each year's vaccine is just a guess at what that season's prevalent strain is going to be. Sometimes they're wrong, and even when they're right, it's still possible to catch a different strain than the one you were vaccinated against. And that's aside from the controversy about ingredients and reactions.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2009