flu shot

I am scared to give it to my child? what are you thoughts did you give it to your child? am i just crazy?

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 12:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• ur not crazy many moms hcoose not to give there kids shots. my 16month old gets her flu shot every year so far,we are not getting the h1n1 shot though,to risky. the reason why many who get the flu shot seem to get sick is becouse it protects them aginst the deadly viruses,my lil one has never got sick from the shot.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• nope, no flu or h1n1 shot here. They are dangerous and it just makes you an informed parent to not inject them with toxins that have not been proven safe.
    Anonymous

• My son had his 9th shot yesterday. He gets one every year and so do I, neither of us have had ANY reaction and have never had the flu. The regular flu shot is safe, the H1N1, I don't know, it is a new vaccine, that is one I am leary about getting and probably won't. My son's pediatrician is getting it for his own kids, so that makes me a little more comfortable if I decide to get it for my son. NO ONE can get the flu from the flu shot, it is a dead virus and takes 2 weeks to become effective in the body. If someone gets sick before the 2 weeks is up, it is because they already had the virus in their body.

You have to do what you feel is best for your family and not listen to those that make you feel like a monster for vaccinating your children. There is no one way to raise a child. I do what I can to protect my son and those we come into contact with. My decisions affect others too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Hi. :) What you should really do is do some research on the topic. I have it here for you:
    http://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Influenza/flufacts.aspx
    We do not get the flu vaccine.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Oh, and you can't get the flu from the shot, but you can get it from flumist, a live virus vaccine.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2009