Do you ever get discouraged when people "bash" you or a group of mothers gang up on you?

Does it make you want to quit cafemom? How do you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I use to get upset by it.  Until I realized that they can go to hell, lol.  Everyone has their own opinion and everyone is entitled to speak it.  Some people are just assholes and don't know how to get their opinion across with common courtesy.  Look at this entire site like it's nothing more than entertainment, like reading a gossip magazine.  Sad but oh so true. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• And I've been bashed plenty.  I can't post a question or respond to one it seems like without someone having SOMETHING to say about what I've said.  I'm honest, that should count for something, lol.  I'm far from pretending like I'm the perfect mom and I've often posted about the stupid things I've done and the mistakes I've made.  The ones who think their shit doesn't stink bash the hell out of me.  BUT the ones who need to read it, do.  I've gotten A LOT of messages from women who have made TONS of mistakes and are afraid to speak on them because of the bashing that goes on here!  It's sad.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Sorry, I keep running out of room, lol.  I didn't mean to take over your post here.  I just have one more thing to add and then I'll shut up, lol.  What happened?  Did you get bashed for something? 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• What about when someone follows you to another post and brings up what you said on another topic?
    Anonymous

• Many times people who are bashed ask questions in a way that leave themselves open to being bashed.

Am I a bad mother - when they only want to hear they are a good mother

What should I do - when they don't want advice
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It used to bug me alot, but then I realized that there are all types! I know that people are asking for advice, and I try to give it in the best way possible even if I don't agree with the situation at hand, that being said, I have had people call names and be very spiteful! It is ridiculous, but my best advice is just to blow it off!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Ohh! That's mean! I haven't had this experience or seen it but I think that what u post a ques ur bound to get many differnt responses. I like the variety but bashing and bringing up old stuff is so high school!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I disagree Gailll, I think that alot of women on here are very angry and if something is brought up that they do, like parting or neglecting their kids, or even ff or bf they attack other people who have a different opinion.
    Anonymous

• Yes if you think it's wrong for mothers to do drugs and that it's selfish to do so, then they will follow you and attack you. That happened about 100 times yesterday.
    Anonymous

• Lets also look at it like this, everyone has their own life.  Maybe that person bashing you just had her car repossessed.  Maybe her kids and her husband are driving her up the wall.  The "ganging" up thing, well, I've noticed that after one person puts a shitty answer, A LOT of women start posting shitty answers.  Like ants following right behind one another. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2009