Should I go and take baby or leave baby at home?

So my c section date is the 20th, I have a daughter (5) who will be wanting to go trick or treating. It has been a family tradition that we all her, hubby and & dress up for holloween and go to the mall and go trick or treating.

SO heres my question........ with the baby only being 11 days old, should I just leave him at home with my mom so she can watch him and go with them. or should I just coer him up really well and take him with us?
I dont want my daughter to think that mommy does not want to go bc of the new baby, but it is flu season & i dont want him to get sick.

Also should i be going if there is going to be alot of walking and I just had a c section 11 days before? I mean Iwas fine after i had her i was up cleaning and cooking the day i came home from the hospital.

Just checking to see what you ladies think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmm. i wonder what the weather will be like? well you are saying you are going to the mall anyway. i think if it were me, i would put him in a baby sling and carry him on my belly. remember though you might still be sore from your c-section. good luck! :D
    Anonymous

• POSTER<<<<<

I am thinking that it should be nice out, I am in Texas, but we will be inside at the mall, so IDK
    Anonymous

• Plan to go, knowing every c-section is different and have a back up plan. Walking around for 2 hours with a baby that little in a sling on your chest is actually very good and comforting for the baby.
    Anonymous

• well if you're going to be inside, and you feel up to it, then i don't see why not. don't make any final decisions now, cuz you never know what's going to happen. just wait and see how the weather is, how you heal, ect. (it took longer for me to heal after my second csection than with my first)
    Anonymous

• i had a c-section and walked my daughter to school, 20 minutes there and back the day I got out of the hospital

carry him on a sling
    Anonymous

• I think that if you are up for it, go. I would: Plan to have your mom come, too. You can sit in the mall benches and rest as daddy takes your daughter. You will be there, with baby, your mom can keep you company, bring you water, maybe even hold baby while you go with your DH and DD a bit, too.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I would go if it is something that you guys have always did then go. I would make sure baby is covered well and dont let people touch him. I would put him in the infant seat and the stroller so that you can push him around, just in case you get tiard of carring him
    Married2daBest

Answer by Married2daBest at 2:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Inside the mall? Nope, I'd leave that baby at home with your mom, especially during flu season. My pediatrician recommends not exposing newborns to crowded public places before they are 6 weeks old and I stick to that advice...especially during flu and cold season. As for you, I've had 2 c-sections, light walking is a great way to help the healing process, but heavy walking is not recommended. So, it depends how big your mall is and how far you will have to park out.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2009