Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Me and my BF of 11 yrs are over and now he's going to live and I don't know if I can the rent and utilities any advice

It turns out we are both fed up on having the same issues unresolved. 1)He is bad with finances rent and bills never paid on time. 2)My 15 yr daughter and him have no relationship he likes to discipline her but other than that doesnt' even acknowledge her. He is consumed with work and does not tend to the house or me. I've been going to school to get my BA now he wants to leave the house knowing that i can't do it on my own yet. So I asked him if he can stay so that I can figure something out and at least finish this semester. I guess i'll get another job and put my school on hold. It upsets me because I have like 2o credits to go and if he can just let me finish then I will be able to support myself and my 2 girls, we have an 8y r girl together. Is is wrong that I am asking him to wait. I need some input

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • Look around to see if there is a less expensive place you can stay. He should pay child support for his daughter. See if you can possibly cut corners anywhere. I wonder if you could get a job and continue your classes only fewer classes at at time.

    Answer by Bmat at 1:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

  • You cant use him... you wanted him to leave and that is what he is doing. Sometimes we ask something of someone because it's on our mind, then were left to figure out what we did and why we did it.

    You need to let him go. You can figure this out, he doesn't live for you anymore... he lives for himself.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

  • File for child support for each of your children. While you are separated he may be ordered to pay some of the bills until the divorce is final.

    You may be eligible for more financial aid. If you told the truth and included him on the FAFSA you can now go to the financial aid office, find out how to make changes, and get more aid to finish.


    Answer by Gailll at 2:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

  • OOPS I forgot you aren't married. In some states it might be considered a common law marriage and you might be entitled to have him pay bills.

    My ex had to pay the house payment and all utilities until our divorce was final. It took over a year.

    Answer by Gailll at 2:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.