Mothers with boys!

I was wondering how it is raising up boys of your own cause I was hoping one day to have a boy of my own one day if it is possible right now I have two lil' girls of my own and I cherish and love them forever but I still want a boy of my own. I see so many moms with their baby boys and I was just wondering how special it is?

moni7valen

Asked by moni7valen at 1:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Special? Sure, if you call smelly armpits, constantly talking about penis, throwing Legos at your valuables, ripping holes in all the knees of their pants, fighting, jumping on the couch, and tripping over Hot Wheels constantly special, then sure.
    Anonymous

• i have one of each, and the only difference is that my dd likes stuffed animals and my ds hates them. and potty training a boy sucks. i heard girls were easier
    Anonymous

• For me it's a lot different.  VERY special.  My son (who is now 3) is my first born.  I can't describe the feelings but I have a 2 year old daughter also and her and my relationship is different also.  It's a closeness but in a different way, if that makes any sense, lol.  Special?  Hell yes.  For both genders.  I don't think it's something I could actually explain, it has to be FELT.  Good luck on getting your boy!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I loved when it was just my two boys, it was throwing the baby girl in there that really sent us in a tail spin lol. I had so much fun with my boys sure they can be messy but so can girls, and all boys are not the same i have one who is very quiet and is a clean freak and one who is very loud and cuddly. they are 11 and 8 now and i miss the train sets all over the house. at the moment i admit i just had to scold one for mooning the other (but honestly my daughter has done it too).

I love having my boys I think I would have missed out on a lot of really cool things about trains planes and star wars if i didnt have them :) Boys are like girls in that its all how you raise them and what you allow, what your limits are. I hear people say that raising boys is horrid but honestly its not. My daughter has smelly feet and tries to throw bigger tantrums then my boys ever did and her room is messier then theirs lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• actually anon 54 potty training my boys was way easier than my daughter, the boys did it almost over night no accidents ever it was awesome.

just from talking with friends though we all agree whatever sex you had first is the one that feels easiest :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I have a son and a daughter. They are both grown now. I have to say that boys are easier in some ways than girls over the teen years especially. You don't get the weepy, screaming mood swings, the PMS and stuff you get with girls. Other than that, both girls and boys are special in their own wonderful ways.
    Anonymous

• i have only one and i find him awsome he is an all boy and just recks the place,he is funny lots of work but truthfully pure fun.he is so funny and has an imagination like no other,the other day i was trying on a halloween costume and he farted and i asked him "did you fart?" his anwser was "dont eVEEone" he's great i love having a boy.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• it freaking rules!! a boys love for his mother is so very very speacial. personally, i do not want any girls. i have one son and thats all id want. boys. they rock! theyre easy-going, easy, awesome, just so much more cooler! :)
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 2:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I have 3 boys with one on the way. I adore all of them. I thought that my life wouldn't be complete until I had a daughter, but I realized that after all these boys.. I would have no idea how to deal with "girly" stuff. They bring home sticks and rocks and pick up worms and spiders. They kill bugs for me and they're all really protective of me.
    andsoicrawl

Answer by andsoicrawl at 2:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I have 3 boys 5, 3, an 2 wks! They are nasty lol aways farting taking about butt cracks (everytime there cousin bends ova his butt crack hangs out so now they always talk about butt cracks) etc. Im actually thankful that i dont have a lil girl because she would end up talking an acting just like the boys do! They always fight my 3 year old goes up an will punch my 5 year old than they go at it! Boys are great though lol!
    Anonymous