I give up...

I'm throwing in the towel, waving the white flag, quitting, etc. I have finally come to the conclusion that i am the "rule" not the "exception." (if you have ever seen the move He's Just Not That Into You, you'll get that saying.) All my life i have been the "rule." I thought i got lucky and became the "exception" when i got pregnant but then i had a miscarriage. So, if you don't count that, it has been 8 months ttc and i quit. I know 8 months isn't terribly long but it has been for me and I am too discouraged to keep trying. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• This might be the best thing. After a break, you might feel up to trying again and it might work right away. Also sometimes when you quit "trying" you relax and get pregnant right away. That's what happened with me. Listen to your body and it will be all right
    Anonymous

• It's okay to stop trying to get pregnant...and it's okay to be sad.

At some point you'll be emotionally okay again, and you'll figure out your parenting future one way or another....and be perfectly happy with it.
    Anonymous

• Honey I'm so sorry you are feeling so badly. My husband and I spent 5 years ttc our son. We decided to give up too, and a few months later I got pregnant. There is hope! I will pray for you and your DH.
    Anonymous

• im right there with you! I have been trying for 18 months and nothing...We even tried romantic weekends with just making love and enjoying ourselves! My hubby's brother's 17 year old girlfriend got pregnant while on 2 diff types of birth control i wish i was more fertile! Anyway take a break relax and remeeber it will happen when its meant to happen!
    Anonymous

• Maybe don't "try" now, but don't do anything to prevent not getting pregnant either. Don't start taking birth control or anything. Just be natural, have sex when you feel the time is right for romantic reasons. If you are meant to have a baby, you will.

I know for me, I took birth control for 2 months and after only 2 months of taking it, I couldn't get pregnant for 6 months! So, maybe your body just isn't ready yet.
    Anonymous

• Did you talk to your doctor or someone in that field , about your problem.of getting pregnant.maybe they can do something to help you. or else wait a little later and tyr again.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• op here...

havent talked to my doctoer yet. im active duty military and the health care really sucks on the base that im at. i feel like if i go, they wont really care. just like they didnt give two sh*ts when i had my miscarriage.
    Anonymous

• hey girl just relax the is happening to me to im trying like crazy i have around 6 years trying and i get test result positive and when the doctor do it to and when they do ultra sound there is nothing these is so harf so just relax i i put you in my prayer take care and eat health..t he help
    ..
    ZASSY

Answer by ZASSY at 12:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2009