A question for all the single moms...

I am a new mom and I am having such a hard time trying to find a balance for the most basic things. I use to take a shower every other day. Now I'm lucky to be able to get a shower in twice a week (gross)! I keep having to call my mom to come stay with my son while I shower. I don't know how to balance this unless I take two minute showers...and don't even get me started on finding time to shave my legs. How do you do it as a single mom? How can I find balance without constantly having to call MY mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I take a shower after the kids go to bed. I shave while i'm in the shower. and it's ok to ask for help sometimes.
    Anonymous

• i showered while she napped or i would put her in her bouncy seat and bring her right in the bathroom with me! theres always a way, youll find it soon.
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I usually put my son in his bouncer on the floor of the bathroom and talk to him while I take my shower.
    SweeThang931

Answer by SweeThang931 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Yep, me too, kid in the bouncer while I showered. Or I made sure he was safe in his bassinette or crib and showered then. I have even shaved my legs in the kitchen, lol....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• its not hard as it sounds girl.....PUT him in in his crib bring crib in bthroom where u can see him or even sit him safely and tight in car seat sit on floor in bathroom wher eu can watch she he may cry but it will work out.. only takes me 5 minutes shower with washing hair and shave in the shower..GL
    Anonymous

• You learn to take quick showers!! I as well put him in the bouncy seat while I showered, and the swing while I cooked! You'll find a way to make it work.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 2:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• take a shower before the baby wakes in the morning
    Anonymous

• yup baby swing in the bathroom and peek a boo around the shower curtain. eventually that changed to DD showering/bathing with me,
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 5:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• it takes time. The balance will come BUT its really hard in the beg.
    for right now just take it easy, jump in the shower as soon as the baby falls asleep or put in in the car seat bouncer whatever right outside the bathroom door.

Also if you are showering and the baby wakes up its okay they can wait for a second.

I remember that trying to take a shower days -- still trying to get to the going to the bathroom by myself moments. LOL
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2009