***CHRISTIAN**what does your religion or beliefs say about those who are not Christian getting into heaven?**CHRISTIANS***

***warning*** answer might offend **don't read if you are offended by others beliefs**

I am Catholic and I know a few years ago the Pope said atheist can get into heaven. For the most part as a Catholic my thoughts of heaven is God makes the final choice. I know what I have to do and I am responsible for myself and my children while they are under age.

If you are Catholic, is this the official teaching of the church?

If you are not Catholic but you are Christian-what does your religion say about who gets into heaven?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• doesn't matter the religion, the Bible says that non-believers will go to hell.
    Anonymous

• do you believe in purgatory? how does that work?
    Anonymous

• The Bible says that you must put your faith in Jesus to be saved. When we put our faith in Jesus we are born again.

Jesus told Nicodemus, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, they cannot see the kingdom of God' (John 3:3).

"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation" (Romans 10:9,10).

We need to have a relationship with God through our faith in Jesus. "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:3).

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I'm not sure the bible says that.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• "It is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment" Hebrews 9: 27
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• what cinnamon-mom said.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• We believe in a heaven and hell scenario before the final judgment...but then after the final judgement only the rotten to the core people will be left in hell. Everyone else will go to a "level" of heaven.

We think people will go where they're most comfortable. Someone who has rejected God may not be very comfortable hanging out with Him in the "highest" level, but they'd be fine and dandy hanging out with other basically good people.

Anonymous

• Do you mean what does the bible say? i agree with first post,but try telling anyone this,most people think God is all love and blessing (you can clearly tell they never read their bible when they say this) he judges when you do wrong according to his word but like i said ,try telling people this and the first thing they say is "dont judge me" when all you are saying is what the bible says,am i God NO! but i believe whats in it,everyone just says these thing because they never wanna feel guilty about one single thing they do,and to top it all off they think God will condone everything they do and i said before its clear they dont ever read their bible.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Unbelief is the unforgivable sin... denying God will not gain you entrance into Heaven. It is as simple as that.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I am Baptist. Our teachings go along with the postings of Cinnanmom and we believe that you must be saved by the Lord Jesus Christ to go to Heaven. All others would be damned to hell fire.
    Anonymous