Magick (Pagans please)

What are your beliefs about magick? Is magick something that is a part of everything that is done in life? Or is magick ONLY done by a witch or other magick person and ONLY for whatever specific request they are willing for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I definitely agree w/sabrina. And I would have to say that magic is used in everyday life and in every religion. There are different types of magic and different intentions of its uses. But there is nothing evil about it. I think that the only evil is the intent of the person that misuses it for wrong doing.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I believe that magick is in everything. Magick has no limits. The energy that one might use to get ready to go to the store comes from the same energy that another might use to conjure preparedness of a future event. Magick is not restricted to a certain religious or spiritual preference. It is what moves everything in this universe, some know how to use it, and others dont.
    Anonymous

• Magick is simply energy. It's in everything and affects every aspect of our live weather we know it or not. However, Magick as a practice (aka Witchcraft) is the art of using energy to alter the world(s) around us.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I agree with Sabrina. Magick is energy but the practice of witchcraft is best left in the hands of those who embrace it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Magick is a part of everything and everyone. Its energy and intent so its always there just not always called upon.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• We all have a type of Magick within us... It's the intent of ... maybe a prayer, maybe a wish, maybe a spell being done with all of the tools...
    It is our inner energies being used to bring in the outer energies to bring forth the intent of your will or want...
    We all have the abilitly in us, but there are a few that can hone into those energies a little easier than others...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• http://www.historyofmagick.com/?p=66

"Magick is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will."

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• As a pagan I can't stand the spelling of Magic with a "K." Sorry just a pet peeve of mine. But as the others have said, magic is energy with intent and IMO magic is only unexplained science. Just because we don't know why something works doesn't mean it can't. Did that make sense?

Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Both. Magic is directed energy, sometimes it is done without intent, other times it is done by magical practitioners for a specific purpose. I think magic with aids & intent is often stronger.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Xynyth

OP here ...i am Pagan too and i always spell magick with a K. I do this, because our spiritual magick is different then the magic that most people associate with the word.
    Anonymous