What is your favorite aspect of being a mother?

It's nice to focus on the positive & remember why we do what we do, as mothers, as wives, as people in general.

AmyJoost

Asked by AmyJoost at 2:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've been a mom for 22 years now. My favorite thing about being my daughter's mother is knowing that I instilled in her self confidence, self respect, and a loving and accepting nature. My favorite thing about being my 11 year old son's mother is watching him learn new things like how to adapt to the typical world ( he has autism) and witnessing his loving and caring nature as well. I praise God daily for these gifts!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• When my daughter finds real enjoyment out of learning something new my heart swells with pride.
    Also when she laughs so hard or smiles her "fake" smile, I can't help but to belt out in laughter. :)
    AmyJoost

Answer by AmyJoost at 2:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• the unconditional love a child has for his mother. i FN LOVE that. <3:))
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 2:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• My kids are in their twenties (2) and 1 is a teen. I love being blessed to see my kids grow from infancy clearly into adulthood. They've all made mistakes like we all do. But each second still even as old as they are is a new life with a new joy and a new life experience that I'm blessed to see and sometimes share with them.

I've advised my kids that they're feelings are allowed - they're actions from those feelings have not always been allowed but their feelings are. When they've done grown up actions and I've found out I've told them all three that grown up actions require follow up grown up emotions to deal with those actions.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• most everything, my daughter is almost 3 months old and is learning so much. I love seeing the world through her eyes. I have become a much more positive person since she has been born.
    reava

Answer by reava at 2:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Drooly kisses and first hugs.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• My favorite part is the quality time I get to spend with my son. I love talking to him about school, his friends and just spending time with him. I think one of the best times we have is when I surprise him and take him out of school ( I make sure there are no test or anything big going on) and we go out to lunch somewhere nice.
    annette3077

Answer by annette3077 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Thanks for all of your responses. It's really nice to hear such wonderful things... The true, pure, undying love for our children is just incredible. It's also incredible to think that we all have experienced the same euphoric feelings and that we can share our stories with each other.... I definitely can relate to all of you... It's the most amazing job in the entire universe. Being a mother is my own personal Heaven. <3
    AmyJoost

Answer by AmyJoost at 12:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2009