What do you think about this?

My friend is white, her husband is (dark) mexican. They just had a baby. The baby came out pale white, bald with very little light colored fuzz and light eyes. They both do have light eyes in their family. But her hubby said no way kid could be his. She looks like her mommy. I know my friend, and don't think she would ever cheat on her man. But he says the Hispanic gene runs dominant and usually take over. She is white but not super pale. Her grandmother is half albino or something like that. What do you think? Do you think it is possible for them to have a pale white baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If he wants to deny his own kid then he should pay to go get a paternity test... until then, he should keep his mouth shut.
    Anonymous

• I think it's way too early to attempt to "disown" the child right now...
    My son was born pale while, with light brown hair, and pale blue eyes.
    Within a week or so, he turned an olive color/yellowish color - from my skin tone, got black hair from both my DH and mine, and golden brown eyes, from my DH's side of the family.

When my DH's brother was born, he was very pale and had platinum hair, and stayed that way till he was roughly 8 years old.

The man just needs to be patient, or shell out money for a DNA test.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• its so possible and if they just had the baby it can take up to 4 weeks to get the color ....
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 2:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It takes up to 11 weeks for the color to show up. Facial features are going to look odd for a while from being smushed, etc. There's no such thing as half-albino, it's all or nothing. Just because he says so doesn't mean the hispanic genes are going to dominate. He's an idiot.
    Anonymous

• Well this is all what I told her. But he and his family say because they both have dark ahir and eyes that this baby can not possibly be his. i told him to pay the 7 or 8 hundred bucks for the dna test. I love my friend and hate to see her stressed when thisis supposed to be the happiest time and the most stressful already. Her baby is only a week old. I didn't think there was a half albino so her grams is albino. i know she has funky blue yes with a red tint, very pale skin that is almost like you can see thru and white hair all her life. Anyway.... I'll tell my friend Im not alone in thinking this way
    Anonymous

• some of these comments are true, my friend had a black baby and the baby came out looking white, it takes a while for the color to come in. i would of swore it was a white daddy but now you just know cause her color came through
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• nope my nieces are half japanese and one is a blue eyed blonde just like her mommy. the other looks like daddy
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Yep, I have a friend who also married a Mexican and her kids are fair and blue eyed like ther mommy. It sounds like this fella has his feelings hurt that the baby does not look like him.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• That's a terrible way for the family of a newborn baby to act : ( I doubt very much that they're genetics experts. Sometimes children get the colouring and features of their grandparents even.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 5:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It is definitly possible. My youngest son is a week and few days old. I and my husband are black with medium brown skin. Our babies skin is lighter than both of us and his hair is nothing like either of ours however I know he came from me and my husband has enough sense and respect to realize a gene pool consist of more than just me and him. Man if my husband questioned me about the baby being his I would be so mad. I'd probably tell him get a paternity test and shut up. I hope things turn out better for your friend and the baby. She must be really frustrated.
    annette3077

Answer by annette3077 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2009