OMG I feel soooo freaking bad!

Okay so we took in 2 stray dogs that were wondering around the neighborhood. We put them in the backyard with my little old lady dog. All the strays did was attack her over and over. They broke the fence in several places and got out through the neighbors backyards. We decided they didnt want to be domesticated so we let them go. They wouldnt leave. They just hung around the front yard. I came home one night with dinner and the male dog was jumping agressively on me trying to take the food boxes out of my hands. Mind you im 8 months pregnant and can barely hold myself up! So we put them back in the backyard and they dug holes under the fence and got out again. So DH was mowing the lawn yesterday and the back gate was left open and they got out. After he was done he tried to get them back in the back. They would run from him. So he left them out front. They both sat in front of our bedroom window and howled,

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 3:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pets

• but refused when we tried to go into the back. They scratched on the screen door... Still ran from us. I woke up this morning to all my Halloween decorations torn up all over my yard. After I found my yard trashed from them ripping up all my Halloween stuff I called Animal control. I was so angry! When Animal Control arrived I watched the man put the dogs in the truck and then I automatically felt awful! I love animals. I tried to give them a home until I got fed up with them. Now I just feel mean! What would you have done?
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• You tried to help them. You should feel good about that. At least if they are at animal control they will be fed and have a safe place to sleep. They will be safe, they will not be hit by a car, in a fight with another dog, or starve. You helped the best way you could.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Oh sweetie, these doggies were too aggressive to be around. I would have done the same thing, in fact I have, honestly. (Hubby found a stray pitt/shepherd mix... too hyper aggressive and made our other doggie too hyper. All they did was play/fight roughly, knocking over evrything in sight, even people. And the stray was food-aggressive and toy-aggressive... not good.)
    If you can't control them and they are tearing everything up, there isn't much else you can do. We aren't all Ceasar Milan, ya know? You tried to help them and give them a home and that right there is a commendable act. You already have a lot on your plate with the baby-to-be. Don't worry so much. It's hard to call the animal control, but if you have to, you have to. You did what needed to be done.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I would have done the same. Those dogs were a danger to you and the baby you will have, in addtition to your older dog. A dog that poorly behaved needs to be re-trained before it can interact with others, and that isn't an easy thing. Don't worry about them- they are the responsibility of Animal Control. Just take care of yourself and your baby. You did the right thing. What if you had kept them and they had hurt the baby?
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• i would have done the very same or at least posted on craig missing dogs or that you can have these dogs for free. if nothing dog pound here i come. it's not worth the liability and the stress you went through. enough is enough.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2009