Is there an all natural perm?

I really want to get my hair re permed (I have NO body with out one) but I'm 24 weeks pregnant. I'm just not comfortable with the traditional perm. If not, I guess I will wait until March to have it done!

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 3:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• no...there's no reason you can't get a perm. there's some controversy/difference of opinion over haircoloring, but no other chemical processing to hair is unheard of during pregnancy.
    also, i may add..personally, i continued to color my hair (with my regular permanent/demi/glosses) during my entire pregnancy..and worked in the salon 10hrs/day (doing 90% clients color-only services) until my 38th week . no harm done.
    if the smell gets to you, and makes you nauseous, well..that's just something you won't know until you smell it. otherwise, get your perm!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2009