Witch Killings on the Rise...

I came accross this story on another site... It's scary to think that these things are still going on.

(link posted below)

Your thoughts? How can this be stopped?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 3:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here's the link...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/6095006/killing-of-women-and-child-witches-on-rise-u-n-told/

Ignore the video! It has nothing to do with the story.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• What about the persecution and killings of Christians? They have always been. Can they too be stopped? As long as there is evil in the world there will be evil doings. All we can do is pray and hope for the best!
    Anonymous

• It makes me sick to my stomach, many times the type of things that lead them to think a child is a witch is a birthmark, I am always astounded how people can believe such things.

I did notice the countries that this was happening in were those that hold tight to old beliefs aka old wives tales. it is very sad. I dont know how it can be stopped honestly because the people will want to know how you know its a real witch and that isnt the issue, no matter what it is wrong to kill people witch or no witch.

I am bothered that it said religious leaders had a part in it. makes my skin crawl.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• anon 19 most likely these people are not witches they are just elderly people or children being murdered for no reason, its very likely they are christians! or of some other reigion.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Sick, sick, sick. What year is this again?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I agree what about the killing of Christians... its been going on for yrs. In other countries witches and christians get killed often. So this is not really new... its just not talked about as much.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• The killing of anyone for any belief is WRONG period. Let's not turn this into a "christian vs witch" debate. As to what can be done, I just don't know.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• (beating head against wall) to OP I hope people are actually reading the article first other wise they are missing the point its not a christian vs witch debate. or it is quite possible even reading it people have missed your point.
    Anonymous

• Read the article. Hard to believe it's real, but then again, not much surprises me nowdays, too many sick people out there. I'm not a witch, i've known some practicing wiccans, but i never really gave it a second thought. The idea that someone would/could percieve a notion to kill them is sick. Murder is murder, you cannot justify it in the name of religion. This when good people of all faiths/spiritualities need to stand up and shout "this is wrong".
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• This is terrifying. I have so often wondered how anyone could kill anyone else unless it was in self defense, or a crime of passion. Do they not understand that these people are still freakin PEOPLE, just like them? That they have feelings and fears and something to add to this world? It's disgusting. Every bit as bad as Matthew Shephard. I weep for that boy.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2009