I can't believe it, she just peed on my floor!

I don't know what to do anymore! My almost 4 yr old just stopped what she was doing squated down and peed on my floor right her beside the couch. Our house isn't that big the bathroom is just off the living room it isn't like it is upstair or down the block. The worst part is the fact I just made her clean herself and her mess up and she acted like it was a fun game to clean up her accident. AAAHHHH I want to yell but I know it wont do any good! Any advice? Sorry I needed to vent a min.

Katysmom

Asked by Katysmom at 3:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is it an attention getting thing? If so, then keeping it low key- quietly making her clean it up and moving on with whatever you were doing. Maybe increasing, if possible, the attention you give her when she does what she should do, not just pottying but otherwise- putting away toys. Helping dust or polish the furniture, something like this?

Answer by Bmat at 3:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• No I think she was just being lazy. Not wanting to take the time to go in and potty cause she was too busy playing and I understand that but it doesn't make it any less gross and frustrating.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 3:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• No, for sure. Well, your making her clean it up will show her that either she takes time to potty as she should or she takes time to clean it up. You're doing just what I would do.

Answer by Bmat at 4:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Just tell her to stop doing that. Tell her that we go potty in the bathroom. Tell her until she gets it right. That is what teaching our children is all about. Maybe she just waited too long to go and couldn't make it to the bathroom and decided to squat where she was. She's old enough to understand to not do that again.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• i had the same problem this morning. my oldest which is 3 has been sick so i had a potty chair beside the couch and she squated down and peed on her blankets which was on the floor. i didnt get mad cuz shes sick. i hope you find a solution.
    mommaburns

Answer by mommaburns at 11:40 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My son did that when he first started potty training and he was four. He would pee in his room,outside he would poo on the floor, I even caught him peeing in the fridge...ugh how gross! and all he could say was " O sorry mom" I was so grossed out! I told him how upset that made me and how nasty it was. He did this for about 2weeks. Then he stopped! IDK y or what happened, but kids can just be strange sometimes lol
    kelly0513

Answer by kelly0513 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2009