To all my thrifty/sewing mamas out there

How hard is it to sew together a stocking? (like for Christmas) I might be mistaken but in my mind I am thinking it is on the easy side...Cut the fabric, sew, turn right side in, add cuff & ribbon to hang.

Am I mistaken??

Thanks girlies! <3

Aplatel87

Asked by Aplatel87 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It would be as simple ( just as you said) or as complicated ( adding more adornments, fringe, beads, glitter, sequins, etc) as you wish it to be. Have fun with it. Sounds like you already have a great plan. Go with it!!!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• haha no fancy stuff! Just a plain stocking to stuff LOL Thanks!
    Aplatel87

Answer by Aplatel87 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• you can do that then just use glue gun to add decorations and write on them if you want to with markers or fabric paints.
    SaphiraJFire

Answer by SaphiraJFire at 4:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• If you go to google and type in Christmas stocking pattern you can find all kinds of ideas. I think I'm inspired.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• This would be an easy project....could even be sewn by hand if you don't have a machine. Have fun!
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 4:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• oh very easy for a simple stocking, Now i want to go pull my patterns out and try some of the quilted stockings! see what you started :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• they are super simple! i made one for rinoa a couple years ago. let me know if you need any help! or if you want to come use my sewing machine( if you dont have one!)
    rinoasmommy2005

Answer by rinoasmommy2005 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• if you don't feel like sewing, you can use stitch witch- great project. i would suggest lining it, either way, just so that its dourable enough to last.

i like to quilt, so projects are never that simple. lol

i crochet a couple stockings as well! they were beautiful, and i lined them with satin- really pretty. just another thought. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• You're right! :) Easy peasy! In fact just google "easy stocking pattern" and you should find a bunch!
    southernlamom

Answer by southernlamom at 10:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2009