Help no heat..

Last night our central heating unit wouldn't work. And we can't get anyone to look at it until Tuesday. Now we are in texas so we arent exactly in terrible conditions but it is very cool here right now that what we are use too and i have too small kids. Last night we stayed at inlaws but really would rather go home. SO i am going to buy some electric space heaters for now. My question is what brand or which ones do you all recommend? What have you had success with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Blankets, socks & sweat shrits.
    Anonymous

• buy a heating blanket b4 you buy a heater i think kids can get burned and all sorts of mess can take place.or have them sleep with you till tuesday.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Those little electric heater things will do terrible things to your electric bill. We had one in this addition my husb was building on to the house, it was on for about a week and it added an extra $100 to our bill. I agree with the other ladies, try layers or electric blankets.
    team_stewart

Answer by team_stewart at 5:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I buy the cheap ones. We bought several last year. I've got one on right now bc I'm also in texas and its chilly outside. The kids know its hot and to stay away from it.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• We own 2 of the radiator type of plug in heaters, they do get hot. When we first used them the lo were 3 & 4 and were told they are hot--stay away and don't touch. I never had another problem with the kids (as they walk near them they can feel the heat). As far as the electric bill it helped keep ours down since I could heat 1 room instead of the whole house. Oh also I bought ours at Wal-Mart
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 5:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I suggest DOWN filled comforters on your beds. Check stores like Ross and Marshalls---they are a lot cheaper there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2009