whats the easyest way to change and dress a 9 month old that trys to keep turning over

ive tryed giving him a toy singing the hokie pokie by making it a game but no matter what he scwerms so much that it takes forever to get his diper on and then his clothes any help?

adensmommy14

Asked by adensmommy14 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep doing what you are doing. At that age they really wanna be moving don't they? Aside from the singing and games make silly faces too, follwed by an odd noise, like whistling and then just stop and smile. Sometimes quick abrupt noises catch them off guard and they like it. Also, have a special toy that maybe he loves that is only reserved for diaper/getting dressed time. HTH. Good luck... I know it's hard, but they are only this small once... enjoy it too!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 4:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• my 15 month old still does this! and sometimes screams as if i am torturing her.i give her the desitin cream,let her hold the new diaper,any object she has never seen before,her bottle,turn on seseme street,or get a little shirt or blanket and let her play peekaboo with me.give her a cracker,bananna piece or something.these things have sometimes helped.yes,it is sooooo annoying isnt it?sometimes they are just pissed cause you have interupted her play so i try to hold off if it looks like she is really into whatever she is playing with.
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 4:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I agree with the above answer. but if that doesn't work I've also read that you can change and dress them standing up. Have him hold on to the back of a chair and stand while you change and dress him. That might distract him enough to keep him still, granted you'll have to learn how to put a diaper on a standing baby. Let's say, it could be interesting for BOTH of you. haha
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• my 17 month old still turns over lol. if toys, songs or rhymes dont work, sometimes i just...hold him down. he doesnt like that, but he usually ends up sucking his fingers and he's fine.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• with my 9 month old, if i'm changing a diaper, i put my hand lightly on his chest if he tries to get up, enough so that i can wipe off the poop or pee, and once that is clean, i let go so i can fold up the diaper, and he usually stands up on his changing table so i stay right there so he doesnt fall ( and yeah, he is without a diaper for a minute but so what) then i make him lie down and gently hold him for his diaper to get put on, the let him get up. i dress him sitting up on his changing table, or on the floor, and make him lie down only for the parts he has to like snapping his onesie on. if i let him get up and play for a second and then make him lie down, he fights a little less. if i'm only chanigng his clothes i do it on the floor a lot so he wont fall, and i can usually dress him while he sits up or stands up
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2009