i made pumpkin puree for 1st time and froze it,but now i have a question...

i want to make pumpkin bread.am i supposed to add pumpkin pie spice to the puree so it doesnt taste so bland?i have never tasted puree from scratch.i have only made pumpkin bread with canned puree.please help!

littledozie

Asked by littledozie at 4:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I always add spices. I like to use ground cloves, ginger, allspice and cinnamon. Those make for an excellent pumpkin pie spice. They season the puree in a can, so you must do the same :)

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• i add my own spices as metioned by ati, I havent used pumpkin from a can in 10 years, the first time i tried cooking my own pumpkins and making pie i was addicted to it lol. As long as you pureeed it really well you will find it has a smoother silkier texture to it. I spend the end of october and start of november cooking pumpkins and freezing the puree for my holiday cooking.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• thankyou
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 5:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2009