Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I use legal aid for divorce if I am low income but my husband is not?

How do I contact someone? Also it there a way to file where it's equal? Like we both wanted it?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • Get a regular attorney and if your income is low, most likely (in my area) the husband will be ordered to pay your legal fees. Which always results in a speedy resolution.

    Answer by EireLass at 5:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

  • OP- even though he is not low income he really can't afford after the CS, plus he is paying my phone bill and car note for a little while. So I really don't want to do that to him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.