My boyfriend has very little patience with my 6 month old which is not his child, what should I do?

My son cries a lot due to teething, especially at night and my boyfriend gets really frustrated.

jesskell32

Asked by jesskell32 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well he'll have to get over it! how is he frustrated? does he scream at the baby? hit the baby? leave the baby in the crib and never takes care of him? I'd say dump him if any of the above.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the previous poster. If he can't deal, that's his problem. He knew you had a child before he started dating you and it's a package deal. Can't handle it? Time to move on.
    ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I agree with pp, if he can't handle the baby now, he probably wont get any better with it. Tell him to calm down or get out.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Depends on how he is frustrated. Does he just say it's frustrating? If that's all it is, most people (you included) would probably agree that yes, it is frustrating. But if he is yelling, screaming, hitting things or the baby or you, slamming out of the house, things like that, I'd seriously consider ending the relationship. If he can't deal with a child that is unintentionally irritating him, what might he do when that child is older and is deliberately trying to push his buttons? Think about that.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• dump him, and thats coming from my husband
    Anonymous

• Well I've given it some time and things made a change for the better. He is so good with him now. The baby doesn't cry as much because he doesn't feel the frustration. I really like to see them together having a good time and laughing. My boyfriend has been helping me a lot with feeding him and putting him to bed its just as good as it was when we first started dating
    jesskell32

Answer by jesskell32 at 7:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2009