what is your favorite cleaning solution/bathroom?

MiraclesDHappen

Asked by MiraclesDHappen at 5:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i use scrubbing bubbles for the whole bathroom it works wonders!! i love that stuff!! with the scrubbing bubbles i just spray it on, and wait a few mins then wash it away! no scrubbing or wiping!
    MarineDream771

Answer by MarineDream771 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• For the toilet and sink, it doesn't much matter to me. For the tub/shower I like Tilex. It eats through the grime/soap scum, and I don't have to scrub...just wipe.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• i like ajax. and bleach spray, and just some pin - sol
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 5:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• My husband is in the military is travels quite a bit and always brings home little samples from the hotel of soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. I take a couple bars of soap, break them up, and put them in my toilet brush thingie with water. That way, I can scrub the toilet whenever it needs a quick "clean-up", if you get what I mean. I also like to keep original Pine-Sol in a squirt bottle and if company is coming unexpectedly and I cannot clean, I can run into the bathroom and spray the counter, sink, faucet, and commode all with one product. Wipe with one cloth, commode last, obviously, light a candle, and the whole bathroom smells like it is always clean. I love it.
    haroldswife

Answer by haroldswife at 6:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Norwex microfiber cloths all the way!

I love these cloths. Environmentally friendly and no toxic chemicals for little ones to get into.

The best part is that they actually work. Just add water and start wiping. You should see what these cloths pick up. I think they are the only microfiber cloths to be lab tested to remove 99.9% of bacteria using only water. They do this by physically removing the bacteria (because of their microscopic fibers) instead of chemically killing the bacteria.

Anyways... all the science aside, they work way better and faster than any chemical I've ever used. Love, love, love my Norwex Microfiber!

www.NorwexEcoMom.com

NorwexEcoMom

Answer by NorwexEcoMom at 10:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I use hydrogen peroxide. It's cheap, and it kills germs very well. I use it mainly on my tub to kill mold. I also like lysol spray to disinfect everything, especially the toilet. I have a husband and son, so you can imagine how often I need to disinfect the toilet! gross!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• clorax wipes. because my oldest son can use them since cleaning the bathroom is his chore
    Stephie280

Answer by Stephie280 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• This Is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:31 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Method tub and tile, smells nice and minty.
    mar1215

Answer by mar1215 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2009