When my son is with me he cries a lot, but when he's with other people they say he is so good. Is it something I'm doing wrong that makes him cry so much what should I do?

My son is 6 months old and possibly teething.

jesskell32

Asked by jesskell32 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you a stressed out mom? Are you a young mom? If so, your son is picking up on your stress. Other people who watch him do not have the same responsibility you do--it's just "fun and games" with them, so naturally, your son is calm/relaxed, and probably not fussy. If you're stressed, you're likely not enjoying this time, which your son senses.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Exactly what LoriiKeet said OR they could just be very nice people ; ) lol
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 5:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• When my daughter was real little, a toddler, she just flat out would not behave this one time - omg she was so SO BAD. When we left the outing someone commented rudely that she had the personality of an 18 month old!!!! I cooly but calmly responded she's 2!!!!! She was doing exactly what terrible two year olds did - acting like a two year old!!!!!

Your baby is learning responses from you. The people you leave him with he can tell don't give him the same emotions of attention of joy, concern, cuddles, comfort that you do!!!! He's a normal baby!!!

Keep a routine if you can when you pick him up from others and give him mommy time when you can before and after you leave. Not for his wellbeing, for yours!!!! Baby will cry for a good while to come with reason that you're there, you're gone, he wants that toy he wants that china dish on the table .... anything.

try to keep a routine and don't feel guilty you time!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Sometimes it seems like our kids cry alot, to us, because we are with them more than any other person. Other people only spend a limited amount of time with them, so the amount of time they spend fussing is also reduced and further reduced, usually, by the interesting new surroundings and faces. Make sense?

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Sounds like when my babys father comes around once ina blue moon with his psycho mom and they say how good he is and what an easy easy baby i have....well, 2 hours out of 3 months isn't even close to how he really is. So i agree with everyone else.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• i would say he's just whining to get ur attention. babies know that their mamas will hold them if they cry enough. my son is the same way with me but with anyone else he will jsut play by himself and be fine. ur not doing anything wrong!!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2009