Does anything help with pregnancy swelling?

My ankles get as big as grapefruits. I drink plenty and put them up, but I can't get anything done because i can't even put my shoes on!

My hands are also constantly asleep- making my make up look kind of funny. all crooked applied.

36 weeks pregnant

is elevation and hydration all i can do?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thats all I was told to do to help and all I did.

I ended up buying some slippers to wear and that helped the getting around when I needed to.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I was saving my new slippers for the hospital so I don't trash them, but hey I guess i'll take them out of the packaging now.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I told my doctor last time and he looked at my chart and said it's normal because my blood pressure is fine.

It sure doesn't look or feel normal! Especially when both my arms from elbow to fingertips are painful and i can't move any fingers.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• You can wrap them with ace bandages (or buy compression socks, which do the same thing but cost a lot more) to help keep the swelling down. I did this for the last few weeks of my pregnancy and it worked well for me. HTH

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Ya it can be most painful. I had a pair of slippers that I wore everywhere and a pair I took to the hossy that wasnt my well worn ones LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• UGH- slippers won't even go on my feet... can barely get half my foot in them. They're nines and i used to wear 8s so... HMM.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2009