colon cancer?? or hemorroids?? sp? !!!!!!!!! ANSWERS!!

Im going to schedule a drs appt, but it wont be until tuesday :(

anyway, my symptoms are, mild abdominal pain, bloating feeling, change in stools (watery, hard, and in between) blood covering my stools, blood completely in the toilet bowl, blood on the toilet tissue.. its bright red blood too and drips out sometimes while on the toilet even while im not even pushing...

its been happening for about a week, and then for 3 days i didnt even pass a stool. then when i finally did, i felt constipated but it wasnt THAT bad ( but it was painful) and it was a LOT of blood.

today i have passed a stool 3 times and its just midday, and it was more blood than i have seen in the past few days...
like i said i will have a drs appt, but im worrying and racking my brain over what it could be.
i asked my mother if she thought maybe internal hemorroids, and she said no but she wishes it was that, she thinks it worse :(...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Health

• Oh no! I have no idea what it could be... but I hope it's just hemorrhoids.
    When my DH's grandfather was diagnosed with colon cancer, his stools looked like coffee grounds. If that helps any.....
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• How old are you?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I'd go to e r. Your insurance should cover this with these symptoms. I have a relative with cc and my husband has hemr. My husband's bleeding as never been that severe.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Awww, honey that is terrifying and agonizing. I am not sure what it could be, maybe you should go to urgent care, especially with that much blood. Actually, I would encourage you to go to the ER or urgent care right away. I hope all goes well for you.
    Anonymous

• im almost 21.
    i know colon cancer is not very common in younger people, but my friend had it years ago at age 19 and i remember her saying she was bleeding a lot when she was on the toilet.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It is most likely not colon cancer. It could be any number of things including Ulcerative Colitis, an internal fissure, diverticulitis or just hemorrhoids. All of these things are easily treated. The ER won't do anything unless you are spouting blood. I would call first thing Tuesday and see if you can be seen right away.
    Good Luck!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• it just comes out though. its not squirting out, but it just drips and drips and drips i have to wear a pad because im afraid it will come through my pants...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• If you feel like you should go to the ER then you should go. I am not experiencing what you are. You need to follow your instinct.
    Can you call an after hours clinic? My doctor is in partnership with several other groups of doctors and they have an after hours clinic that runs until 11pm and on weekends. I would at least try to call that number and see if they can give you some more advice.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• The e r will definitely do something for someone who is bleeding badly. They can do a cat scan or mri if they feel its warranted with your approval to determine cause. If its felt an emergency colonoscopy is needed you can be asleep for it.

My brotherinlaw waited til he had similar symptoms and had advanced colon cancer. E R's are happy to have what appears to be emergency colon cancer be instead hemmr.

Nurture yourself. Call your mom. Go.If you were only bleeding 2 or 3 days that's one thing. But it's considerably longer than that.

Sometimes women are pregnant and do not ever know it until labor. Did you have unprotected sex within the past 9 months?

The e r might admit you and bring in an ob and rectal surgeon consult depending on findings.
    That's what they did for me when my ovarian cyst ruptured.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• i know, i just dont want to be overdramatic with it if its something simple, AND i dont have a way to get there right now... i called a few drs offices and they do not have after hour....

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2009