What is the longest amount of time a 3 week old should stay awake at a time?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• PP- Not fussing. After being fed and changed, just wanting to be up (looking around and playing)
    Since he is getting older, this is normal behavior right? Someone told me it's not..that he should be sleeping more. But he sleeps 5-7 hours at night!
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it he is just fine. The more awake he is in the day time the better and longer he should sleep at night. He should be getting at the least 16-18 hours of sleep in a 24 hr period. You should maybe start thinking about getting him on a schedule, trust me it will make yours and his days a lot easier. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Mine would stay awake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours at a time at that age, including bfeeding.

Answer by missanc at 6:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Mine is awake for about 4-5 hours at a time..she also sleeps at least 5 hours at night now.
    jennbear22

Answer by jennbear22 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2009