How do other moms deal with stuff like this?

Please no bashing. I just got into a huge fight with my bf. He really makes me feel like an idiot when it comes to taking care of my son! He is however a nice guy most of the time and I don't really want to break up with him(At least I think I don't). My question is how do I get over this? I'm ready to cry right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• The fact that he is just a boyfriend, and not the father of your child, insults you and makes you want to cry, is NOT a good man--and definitely NOT one I would bring around my child.

Listen to your heart--you know the answer. It's hard, but it will be a lot harder later if you ignore the warning signs now!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• depends on what the fight was about and if it hapens alot then you need to either fix the prob or get out
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 6:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• He has also never met my son and yet he thinks he knows what is best for him better than I do!
    Anonymous

• how long have you been together? if he hasn't even met your son how can he tell YOU what's best for him? don't let him push you around. if you haven't been together long and your son hasn't even met him yet, maybe you should let this guy go. doesn't sound like he'd be a good father figure.
    islandmom85

Answer by islandmom85 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• He doesn't know your child and he wants to call you a bad mom??! Walk away from him RIGHT NOW if he doesn't know your child and has never seen you with your son then who the hell does he think he is. Get away from him.
    Anonymous

• It seems to me like he might be trying to control some things. I would be careful if I were you. Also, I might listen up, he might have some good ideas. There is a medium in there. You two have to figure it out.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Krissy this isn't his child though so I really dont think he has any right to make me feel like I'm inadequate as a mother.
    Anonymous

• When men verbally abuse women it's bc of their own inadequacies and experiences. So off the top of my head I'd say he had a bad mom and is projecting his opinion of her on to you. You can accept it and be hurt by his stupid words or you can laugh at him and just say "whatever". He will stop saying mean stuff when he doesn't get the reaction he wants (you crying). He's a bully. Don't let him see he is hurting you. Don't take any of his verbal abuse personally. It's said ABOUT himself (or his mom) but it's being directly AT you. Only you can say "I'm not taking that nonsense from you. Be nice or go find someone else to torment."

Answer by admckenzie at 8:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• let him know and tell him that he makes u feel like ur stupid when it comes to the baby,tell him ur taking care of him,ur his mom and he isnt any better at it then u are.tell him just becouse ur mad doesnt mean u should say shit like that.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2009